Friday, December 17, 2004

The Ride of my Life

My work life is so interesting...at least in my mind. One minute I'm tying shoes, the next cleaning up pee-filled children, and sometimes I'm even running around the room making monkey noises. Occasionally, I'm doing all three simultaneously. Seriously though, I am a pre-kindergarten teacher. I teach 13 four and five year olds in a low-income, private, urban school. To make matters more interesting, I am a first year teacher-fresh out of college, and more times than not, I have all 13 kids to myself.

Sometimes I want to cry, but mostly I just laugh as my kids say and do very funny things. I decided to create this blog for all of my "followers" aka the people who have been reading the e-mails I've sent out for the past year or so. If you stay with me long enough, you will get to read of the joys and sorrows and even some of the grossness that comes with the job. It's quite the ride...the ride on my carpet square....the ride of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I think your BLOG thing is a great idea; this is Angie Geetings....yeah, I didn't mean to be anonymous, but 3 minutes to get myself set up seemed to be too much time with my own little toddler running around me with a blow-out diaper.
Kaina says "hi" by the way! :)
we'll be sure to read your blog every now and then; Hope you had a great Christmas; let us know when you are up in Pella sometime; love, The Geetings