Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Missing Tanya and Killing Poopstain

Tanya's gone this week. It wasn't a big deal until I purchased a book shelf yesterday. It was one of those ones that comes in pieces in a box. It weighed 73 pounds and was almost as tall as I am. It is one of those purchases that drives the cart guys at Target crazy because they have to help the women who are dumb enough to buy something that heavy, but not bring along some man (or woman) who can help her carry it. My cart guy, Joel, was incredibly nice. And he put the box in my car all by himself. After work, I was chomping at the bit to get the shelf put together so that I could get rid of the dorm-roomesque wire crates that are always falling over. I hoisted the box out of my car and began my climb up the sidewalk stairs. About the time I reached the front door of my building, I realized just how much I missed Tanya. By the time I got to my apartment door (on the second floor), I couldn't take it anymore. I opened the door, let the box fall inside...and flopped myself onto the futon until I recovered.

Speaking of this whole shelf-building process, my shelf looks really nice. In fact, my whole bedroom is better because of it. However, there was death in the process of putting it together. My beloved Poopstain, the Virginian bobblehead pig that Trish, Anna, and Bucky (Dorice) purchased for me 6 years ago, took a spill. His body broke into about 6 pieces, but somehow the head stayed completely in tact.

Favorite song of the day: "You Send Me" of off Rod Stewart's Latest Jazz Album

Quote of the day: Brandon and I tried to come up with another fun quote, but it just isn't jiving today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm heartbroken....Poopstain, may he rest in piece. Have a Happy New Year!

Blog Archive