Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Nothing to say

People have been complaining that I haven't written anything on here for a while. The truth? I had so little to say that I almost forgot that I had a blog! Crazy, I know! I am now doing a temporary job in West County at a place with name of Fish...can you believe that?! In fact, I answer the phones....but I don't tell them my last name for fear of people thinking its one of those prank answers and hanging up. I'm sure my new boss would love that! So for now, I've joined the traffic jams on the highway and the life of keeping a time sheet. As much as I thought I would dread it, I really don't. The people are fun, the actual work is stuff I'm good at, and really the commute isn't the most horrible thing in the world (as long as you stay away fromthe bad spots).

So for now that is all I have to say. However, there is a poem below. (the darn program wouldn't let me format the poem the correct way) It looks prettier on paper.


earthquakes. tsunamis. hurricanes.
mountains are crumbling.
cities destroyed.
floodwaters rising.
houses flattened.
thousands of lives
gone.
Is the river still bringing joy?
OR is it raging it's wrath upon nations
forsaken
people bowing down before
money.
pride.
fame.
lust.
superficial satisfaction.
all they had to do was wade in that sweet water.
the river
strength.
security.
promise.
redemption.
forgiveness.
grace and mercy.
rest.
be still. be silent. rest in the waters. be renewed.

No comments: