Saturday, June 17, 2006

Not a whole lot to say today, but I feel like I should blog because I'm so far away from my friends. Camp is fun. I'm glad that I chose to come back here for the summer. The staff is hilarious. And energetic. And creative. And great with kids. Ya know, the typical camp type people. My roommates, Jody and Cori are way fun. We all have the same middle name, Lynn. And they aren't messy which I like.

My campers are really cute. They all have great smiles. They like to laugh. And they really like Jake, my male counselor last week and this upcoming week. We planted a garden this past Wednesday day. Each child has their own tomato plant. I went out to water them this morning...some of them look like they are on their way to being dead. YIKES! The soil just isnt' very good up where they put the garden. And the water supply consists of me filling buckets in a creek and hauling them 50 yards....so needless to say, they may not get enough water. Oops.

Today is Saturday. A day to rest, rejuvenate, and plan for the week. And that's what I'm doing for sure! Oh, I like getting mail at camp. But in the four weeks, I've been here, I've only gotten one piece of mail. Hint. Hint.

Last week, I sprained my ankle on the slip n' slide - the first step I took onto the dumb thing! Then this past Tuesday, I took a chunk of my leg off and left a fist sized bruise...new picnic tables that have screws sticking out. And I got a spider bite on Wednesday. But I'm alive. hehe.

Okay, I'm signing off now. Go read someone else's blog.

2 comments:

angela said...

hey girl, thanks for keeping us posted on life. glad camp is an adventure, keep the stories coming.

Anonymous said...

Manda -- wow aren't you just all grown up now!!! I am typing this right now from Kyrgyzstan. Can you believe that?! Its been a long time and I apologize for that, but I know you understand how life in the world can gobble up all your time and let family slip your mind. Besides, you know me...I've never been good at keeping in touch. Jeff will definitely agree with that! Although he's feeling the troubles now that they have Taylor. Anyways, life is good. Stephanie, Gabrielle and Landen are doing great and missing me. Soon enough! Love you and miss you!
YBIC - Jakie