Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm back from the dead. Or more accurately, from camp. It's sort of like being dead (to your prior camp life) in a way. I mean, no time to call people really....no computer to maintain contact on. And I was way too tired to do anything at night, but go to bed....so none of that archaic letter writing stuff (although I actually really like to do that). Anyway, I'm back...I've been back for 4 days...and things are different. Not only have I changed some, but there have been changes in what was once normal here (at least in my little corner of the world). It's nice to have non-rusty water to drink, to have clothes that actually smell clean when they come out of the laundry, to take a shower and feel as thought I really got clean. I thought I would love being back in my little apartment; away from the living environment that eighty college students produce. While its nice to have my own room, my computer, and a full kitchen, there is something sort of lonely about this little place. You can't walk out into the living room and become part of a random coversation that ends with people being duck taped to trees or using "shocking gum" on a myriad of body parts. On the flip side, I haven't been called "Grandma" for 4 days now, and I can lay in bed without having to listen to the noisy people in the hallway.

I had a great summer, and at the same time, I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to what this fall is going to bring.

No comments:

Blog Archive