Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the story revealed.

Due to the uprising of some of my readers(ehem, chris), I have (finally) woven the story that is found in the pictures below.

It was comical, in a not so funny way. Tammy and I were headed to Kansas City for a conference planning team meeting. Of course, like most good IV staff, we were running a bit late. Just as we put the vehicle into drive, it started sleeting. Yes, sleeting. Now, I was not worried about our driving because we were driving a flipping HUGE Ford F-150 that I affectionately dubbed "big red". That's right. Extended cab. 4-wheel drive. Deep red. AH-MAZING! The small town girl in me grabbed my cowboy hat from my car, through the truck into 4-W, and cruised (at a careful pace) to the interstate. (really, Tammy was driving at this point, but that last sentence sounds better if I reference myself as the driver because Tammy's not really a small town girl).

Within almost a mile of being on I-70, we found ourselves stuck in traffic. There we remained behind the greenish truck for almost 3 hours. We moved occasionally, but never enough to actually consider it progress. When our meeting in KC started, Tammy and I were still only about 2 miles from my apartment.

As you can probably tell we used my new digital camera (thanks mom, dad, gb, and gr) as entertainment, a taste of which is in the "photojournal".

We did finally reach our destination, 6 hours after we left and 3 hours late for the meeting. But our Iowa coworkers (who ironically didn't hit any weather issues) welcomed us, fed us, and made us stay up late making decisions :)

The drive home the next day was uneventful, except for trying to scrap the ice of my car and kissing "Big Red" good-bye.


No comments:

Blog Archive