Thursday, February 05, 2009

two songs

two songs I'm diggin' right now (both of which I can actually play on guitar!)

i will rise by chris tomlin

there's a peace i've come to know
though my heart and flesh may fail
there's an anchor for my soul
i can say, it is well

jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed
the victory is won, he is risen from the dead

i will rise when he calls my name
no more sorrrow, no more pain
i will rise on eagle's wings
before my god, fall on my knees
and i rise, i will rise

(v2) there's a day that's drawing near when this darkness breaks to light
and the shadows disappear and my faith shall be my eyes

(bridge) i hear the voice of many angels sing, worthy is the lamb
i hear the cry of every longing heart, worthy is the lamb


giving up by ingrid michaelson (i happen to think that ingrid is a very clever songwriter)

what if we stop having a ball?
what if the paint chips from the wall?
what if there's always cups in the sink?
what if i'm not what you think, think that i am?

what if i fall further than you?
what if you dream of somebody new?
what if i never let you win, chase you rolling pin?
well, what if i do?

cause i am giving up on making passes
i am giving up on half empty glasses
i am giving up on greener grasses
i am giving up

what if our baby comes in after nine?
what if your eyes close before mine?
what if you lose yourself sometimes,
then i'll be the one to find you, safe in my heart.

i don't think this is the "official" video, but it's really ingrid singing


No comments:

Blog Archive