Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Aunt Amanda

A few summers ago, I worked at a summer camp where the campers referred to you as "aunt so -and-so" or "uncle so-and-so." I never really imagined what it would be like to have a child that could legally call you aunt. Well, now I'm an aunt. Let me say it again, I am an aunt. My mom is a grandmother. And my grandmother is a great-grandmother. It's kind of strange to the ear. My sister had a son. His name? Maven Damean. 6 lbs. 10oz. 20" long. Perfectly round head, and the first newborn that I haven't thought was ugly...hehe...sad, but true...babies are miracles, but they definitely aren't the cutest looking things their first couple of weeks of life...although Maven is. I'm an aunt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say I don't know why you could ever think Maven wouldn't be cute at any point(whether that's normal for a newborn or what). I mean, look at his parents!
*Anonymous* HAHA