Monday, September 10, 2007

mountain bigger than a chicken

I realize I haven't yet shared my new job adventures with the blog world. I've returned to the classroom part time - as a pre-kindergarten teacher at one school and as a P.E. teacher at another school. It has been quite the adjustment trying to lesson plan for both including multiple classes of P.E. and maintaining my administrative assistant duties. I'm beginning my third week and am feeling more settled.

Now that I am back working with small children, I can tell the tales of the funny things they say. Here's the first one:

One child in my class told me that she went on vacation to the Smoky Mountains. They saw all kinds of rocks and waterfalls, and they climbed a "mountain bigger than a chicken"!

She was also overheard telling her neighbor the following story:

"We're going on vacation to a reservation. And the Indians are going to see us and say 'No, no, no. You cannot steal our land' and I'm going to say 'Don't worry, we're on vacation. We're not going to steal your land'"

Isn't that fabulously hilarious!

No comments:

Blog Archive