Monday, January 05, 2009

in the spirit of the new year

the blog has now had a makeover. its fun to use some of my own photos to garnish the blogger plate. i thought the new look would be a great intro to my previously promised reflections of 2008. as i've spent the last week or so (really more like a month because i do most of my pondering around my birthday and today i am exactly 27 years and one month old) pondering this past year, the phrase that continues to run through my mind is "the best year of my life." really, it has been among the top if not THE top. the year really became about God revealing to me who i really am at the core which has been blinded for many years by the person i thought i was or was trying to be. the results of the revelation? all kinds of new stuff i would never do...and a nose ring as a reminder of a promise from the one who grants ridiculously gracious freedom. Some of the highlights from the year:

- 20 days in california
- a house
- not just one, but three photos recognized with one honor or another in a local show
- seeing my favorite artist (singer/songwriter) live--twice
-8 mile bike ride through oakland (even though i almost got left in the dirt, thanks josh)
-disneyland
-losing 32 pounds
-running not one, but two 5ks!
-backyardigans live with my little friends
-moving in with my really fun friend
-spending time with ma rohde
-dating again (don't worry friends, you would know if it were anything serious)
-spending new years eve out
-watching one of my highly uncoordinated, scared of the ball, cries at the drop of a hat students perform a pretty rockin' header during a game of soccer and then beam as she told me she learned that it didn't hurt from one of our more physically adept students
- a week long visit from the cutest nephew in the world
-giving my first iv talk
-staying at randy white's house...he and tina are just super awesome
-holding my friends' first baby
-being present for the wedding of a woman i admire greatly (j-lo)
-a ten mile hike with lady who knows how to have a good time on a ten mile hike (she really just has a good time anywhere)
-two words - fro yo

in place of a resolution (which i don't do), i'll just mention what i'm looking forward to in 2009:
-leading worship at catalyst with kale
-going to detroit (and canada) to see a friend unseen for two years
-starting grad school
-a new church (98% sure it will be windsor crossing - www.wcrossing.org)
- a broadway show (either annie or wizard of oz) with my two other little friends that didn't get to go to backyardigans
-kissing a few more pounds good-bye (or at least fat molecules...muscle weighs more than fat)
-two words - fro yo


No comments:

Blog Archive