Sunday, January 09, 2005

My kids rock!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to brag about my students. I should have bragged about this a month ago. I challenged them to read with their parents for a Scholastic program called Classrooms Care. For every 100 books that a class reads collectively, Scholastic donates 100 books to a program that gives them to schools in need. I gave my students and their families six weeks and challenged them to read 4 books together each week which would put us around 300 books total (roughly). My students read 356 in just 6 weeks. And yes, the are only in Pre-kindergarten. They recommend reading Cookie's Week. They laugh hysterically every time we read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are mega- rockers!!!!!!!!!!!You make this mom proud !

Blog Archive