Thursday, January 20, 2005

Stepping off the Carpet Square

Just in case you are wondering....I do have life outside of preschool. When that bell rings on Friday afternoons, I put my carpet square in the closet, throw on my party clothes (I use that description loosely), and run out the door! Seriously though, I have been making a myriad friends including a misunderstood Texan, three + seminary students, the Sunday lunch crowd (a bunch of mostly single people who go out to lunch after church on Sundays-non-exclusive), a nice couple that lives across the street (we have dinner and Gilmore Girls on Tuesdays), and the ladies at work (who crack me up!) Oh, and I've had a chance to reconnect with a wonderul teammate from my CityLights summer (2001) team. She is living in St. Louis now and doing her student teaching. God has really blessed me with an opportunity to reconnect with this truly amazing woman!

Don't worry, I haven't quit singing. I am singing on the worship team at my church (which I am becoming an official member of this Sunday), and in a short-term gospel choir. I don't really know how to explain it, but this worship team has been one of the best environments for me musically that I have experienced - I think it is because there is freedom and grace for me to make mistakes...something I haven't felt when it comes to music in a long time. Plus, I feel like I'm sort of being musically discipled if that is possible.

Occasionally I help out with some of the InterVarsity CityLights stuff, and will probably be doing more of that for the spring break groups that come down. Oh, I have a great house church that I go to every week as well. So I stay busy, but not too busy.

No comments:

Blog Archive