Monday, July 04, 2005

Been a long time

I realize that I haven't blogged in a while...okay, since April is actually a long while. Due to the many complaints I received during my trip to Iowa (I didn't actually think that many people read my blog :) ) I am now doing an update and hopefully will continue to write on here.

Job Status: I'm still under contract with The Freedom School for another month, but will be unemployed after that...the job market is not very good right now....but don't you worry, I've definatly been applying.

Camp Ewalu: I worked there last summer as the day camp coordinator. This year the director, Adrian or A-train as I call him, asked me to lead the Chicago Urban Immersion. Basically this means that I'm taking a youth group from Minnesota to Chicago to serve and to look at city issues. Oh, and we will play some too...I'm so excited!!

My trip to Iowa: was GREAT! I spent four days with the Rohde family. We camped out in their backyard. Mr. Rohde grilled for us almost the entire weekend (including breakfast!) I literally just sat around most of the time I was there...it was beautifully relaxing! I also made a couple of new friends - Joe Peter, Matt Ploeger, and Joel and Jake's friend Will Norton. I also got to see Jaron play baseball. Oh, and I had some ice cream at the oldest(still running) soda fountian in the world. After 4 days in Wilton with the Rohde's, I traveled up to Ewalu for two days to iron out some Chicago trip details and hang out with A-train, and then headed over to Pella. Pella was still Pella. However, I was able to catch up with several friends. Kurt made it back from Africa, but he's going back (no surprise :) ). Anna is still the tough, but funny softball coach...only she gets paid for it now. Joe...now, when I visited Joe he was moving in about 6 days. He was going to be gone for 4 of those days, and he had yet to even begin packing. HAHA! We didn't get to feed my ping-pong craving though due to the Upward Bounders being on campus..that was sad. Funny story: one evening I was locked out of the house where I was staying. I tried to call them and I knocked on the door, but I could get anyone to hear me. So I pulled my sleeping bag out of the car.....and slept on the porch. The sad part is that it was really funny, and I really wanted to be able to tell someone that I was sleeping on the porch.

CITYLIGHTS: I have been hanging out with the CityLights students quite a bit. (CityLights is the InterVarsity St. Louis Urban Project. I was on the 2001 summer team). The team is really great.

Okay, I really don't have much more to say. I promise to blog more often...oh, and if you can think of a good title for my blog, PLEASE let me know!

2 comments:

Neil E. Das said...

So, after promising more posts, I see there have not been that many :) Believe me, I know how it goes. Blogging is a funny thing.

Name suggestions for you blog? How about:

"Yeah, like the fish."

I hope your Chicago trip went well.

brad said...

The Candy Kitchen is still there. Cool. I used to live in Wilton about 30 years ago and went there.