Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Year of Perfectness

I've been trying to write a new post on here for two days, and have been very unsuccessful! Writer's block or something. Maybe it is all of the miles I've put on my mind..or my car for that matter. I drove 837 miles this weekend-all by myself. Oh and last weekend too for Christmas with my family.

This weekend was the most fabulous way to ring in the new year. Two of my lovely friends from college had a New Year's Eve wedding. Not only was the wedding a beautiful celebration of theirlives and the new year, but it was also a huge reunion of Central alum (mostly from our class) who have since scattered across the US.

My dear friend from Chicago Semester, Adam, was at the wedding. It was fun to see his face again, not too mention catch up on life and reminicse about life in the big city. The second coolest moment of the night was watching my friend Steph practically maul Katie in order to catch the bouquet. It was totally in slow motion-Steph reached out with her hand in the air as the bouquet flew toward the mob of single women. Then she leaned forward over a shorter Katie, probably lost her balance a bit, and landed with her weight pushing Katie forward. It was quite the scene. ! The third coolest moment of the night was actually after the wedding. Adam was sprawled out on Steph's couch. Sherami and Steph were snuggled at separate ends of the other couch, and I was laying on the floor. It was 2:00 in the morning and we were trying to have "girl and Adam talk." However, the tiredness had overcome us so much that our eyes failed to open. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that room.

I spent the rest of my weekend in small town Wilton with the Rohde family. It was an absolutely wonderful way to spend my first weekend of 2006. If every weekend could look like that, I think it would be the perfect year. It's 837 miles round trip to do that. Eh, maybe I'll just shoot for a .500.

No comments:

Blog Archive