Wednesday, June 11, 2008

requests for june

For those of you on my IV mailing list, the following is the prayer update I promised. For those of you not on my mailing list, let me know if you would like to be:

Pray for:
--CityLights..our 21 summer interns have now been on campus for a week. pray for them to bond as a team, and to have their eyes opened to God's heart for justice and mercy in the heart of the city.
--I have already been having some significant conversations with students. I do not want to break confidentiality, but I do want to share that during one conversation, I almost ran up the steps to find my supervisor who happened to be visiting because I was so scared. I kept thinking "I'm not campus staff. I don't know how to to have these hard, deep, thoughtfilled conversations." Instead I grabbed a Bible and engaged in the conversation. The Lord totally used me (somehow) and actually in those few moments rocked part of the picture that student had of Him!
--Continued conversations!
--I'm giving my first ever IV talk next Thursday evening. It's exciting, but a bit nerve-wracking too! Pray that I will communicate clearly what God has for this talk, and that I will not be nervous.
--On a personal note: my three year old nephew is coming to spend a week with me. I'm very excited, but this will be the longest he's been away from mom and dad. Please pray that he will be comfortable, maintain a routine of some sort, and have a great time!
--juggling work, upcoming CA trip, and house/apt move.

No comments: