Saturday, July 05, 2008

july prayer requests

Okay so I'm a bit behind as the first week of July has come and gone.

CityLights
The interns are in their final two weeks at their sites. Pray that they will continue to engage with those around them and with each other despite the looming end. Pray that the Lord will use these last two weeks to make grace, mercy, and His heart for justice known in a very real way. Pray that as they go home, there will be at least one person who will want to know and understand their experience this summer. It can be a very lonely place to return to families and a campus that brush off what is most likely a life-changing experience.

InterVarsity Central Region
Our new to Kansas City team has just moved. Pray that they are able to make connections and establish homes.

Personal
I'm in the midst of big transition...moving to my new house...and then 9 days later leaving for CA for 19 days. While change doesn't bother me, having everything I own packed up in boxes that are just stacked around my house does. Pray that I can find rest among the chaos of my apartment and that the moving goes smoothly.

Also, I am about to relinquish my reign as the Queen of Part Time Jobs! September 1st is the official date that I will go full time with IV, however once I leave for vacation, my job that is busiest in the summer will be basically over. I'm getting antsy with anticipation of being able to focus on one area! Moreso, I'm looking forward to slowing down some. Please pray that in my desire to look ahead, I will see what is "now" and continue to do my current job well through the end.

No comments:

Blog Archive