Sunday, September 04, 2005

I ruined THEIR dinner?!?!

So I have these friends (yes, I have friends). The particular ones that I am refering to are now seniors (well, most of them) at my alma mater. Earlier this evening, I decided to call my friend Justin. I happened to catch him while he was dining at a fine pizza establishment with several of our other friends. Because he was eating, I was going to let him go, but sensing the joyfulness in my voice (that has been absent for a while), he began questioning me. While doing so, I had another call from a number I didn't recognize so I asked him to wait while I checked it (I check all the unrecognizable numbers in case it's a job waiting for me). It was Jake, another of our friends, who also happened to be eating pizza with Justin. He just wanted to steal me away from Justin...who in turn got "frustrated" and hung up. Jake and I chatted for a few minutes and then I called Justin back. During this second conversation yet another phone call came. I asked Justin if another of his dinner companions was calling me; he replied with a no. We ended our convo, promising to talk on Tuesday (to make plans for the wedding). I decided to call the mysterious second number back since Justin said it wasn't one of them. However, it was another of them, Big Mike as he is called. Oh goodness, so I hear everyone at the table saying, "Is that Amanda?!" "Yes!" he exclaimed. (Pastor) PJ, well I envision it as grabbing the phone from Big Mike, yells into the phone, "You are ruining our dinner!" All I really wanted to do was talk to Justin, and I was in the process of letting him go when all of his RUDE dinner guests started phoning me! Goodness!

No comments:

Blog Archive