Thursday, September 22, 2005

It has been a few days since I've blogged, and boy do I have a lot to say today!

Shock of the week: My former boss and friend Adrian and his wife, Linda, were scheduled to have baby #2, a girl, this past Monday. I talked to Adrian today and asked how the new daughter was. His reply was, "He's fine." Yep, that's right, they ended up with a boy instead of the girl. Funny.

Cool God story of the week: I hesitate to tell this story because it is still in the making and could not have a fairy tale ending, but it is such great evidence of how much God cares about us and listens to us that I can't withhold the beginning of it. So here it goes: I'm still jobless. Tuesday night I could sleep due to worrying and talking to God about the whole thing. I'm really tired of the whole situation, the process, of not hearing from people who say they'll call, from trying to figure out just what I'm supposed to be doing. As I was laying there telling all of this to God, I remembered that I forgot to check three websites that I normally check on a daily basis. It seemed my mind wasn't going to calm down enough for sleep anyway, so I trudged my way out of bed to the computer. (I feel a need to keep some anonymity here) One particular place that I check (we'll call it X) I actually applied for a part time with about 2 weeks ago. However, on Tuesday night as I checked out the X website, I discovered a full time job that I appeared to be fairly qualified for. In addition, it is a type of position that I would love to do. The position is supervisory in nature and as I read that I began to doubt that X would hire someone so young or with little experience as myself for that role. As I put myself back to bed, I asked the Lord if he thought maybe I could e-mail the contact lady for X to see what she thought about my qualifications and such before I actually apply for it. The next morning I awoke much earlier than my body wanted me to, and went to one of my temp nanny jobs. After my nanny job, I found that I had a voicemail message - FROM THE LADY FROM X- the contact lady for the full time job that I DID NOT contact at ALL! Turns out the man I sent my resume to for the part time position thought I was a really good fit for this full time position and instead of just throwing my resume to the side like a lot of people would, he passed it on to this lady. She called to see if I would be interested in applying for the full time job instead of the part time position! So if that wasn't God, I don't know what is! I will be meeting with people at X next week sometime (I don't know when yet).

Job Advice from a 2nd grader: I was chatting with my friend Michelle on the phone when her 8 year old daughter asked to speak with me. Here is the conversation that followed:
Molly: "Miss Amanda, are you still a teacher?"
Me: Hoping not to disappoint her "No. Not anymore."
Molly: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Well, I don't have a job yet. Do you have any ideas?"
Molly: "You could work at Dairy Queen."

I fell off of my pilates ball again tonight as I talked with Ryan. This time it was backwards and I nailed my shoulder blade on the corner of the hallway entrance. It left a bruise about the size of an orange. I think I might have to give the ball away.






No comments:

Blog Archive