Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Where's the laughter when you need it?

About a month ago, I purchased one of those yoga pilates balls thinking it was something that I could do at home since I don't really have the money to go to a gym. (And for those of you who don't remember, I HATE running!) I have done a lot of things on it, but mostly just sitting on it for fun or laying on it (warning: do not lay on it while talking on the phone as you may lose balance, roll onto your head, flip your body into a shelf which consequently will fall apart and scare your mom). I definitely had not really used it for its purpose until yesterday when I got the DVD out and tried to do all of the exercises that the stoic woman does. Today I decided that I was going to break free of the instructional DVD, put on some good music, and do the streches on my own. The good music I put in? Thenew NCF worship CD (songs that the worship team has to learn)...thought it would be a good timeto listen to it...that's actually how I learned my jazz pieces in college...while I worked out and when I drove my car. Anyway...so I was doing this movecalled the locust where you have to balance your body on your forarms basically and then you use the ball toput your legs up in the air...stretching your back...when "The Presence of the Lord" came on...I got so excited and tried to sing that I lost muscle control (not that I have much anyway) and totally fell on my head...it was pretty humorous...

reminds me of the time that I tried to play raquetball with Tim Sluiter ( a college friend) and he really wished that it was being videotaped because of how clumsy I was....but that's another story for another time

No comments:

Blog Archive