Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bravery and Sponge Bob

I was brave today. I decided that it would be a fun, springy activity to plant a garbage garden with my students. (A garden made out of kitchen scraps such as fruit seeds, vegetable parts, etc.) I seriously thought that the mom that comes in to help sometimes would be here today, but that was the wrong thought. I led THIRTEEN 4 and 5 year olds in planting plants! Needless to say, there was dirt EVERYWHERE!! But it was still fun! Please pray that something grows. I don't exactly have a green thumb!

Every morning before school, parents can drop their kids off at 8am. We provide supervision until 8:30 when school begins. Teachers are supposed to be at "carpool" around 8:15. Yesterday, I went to join the crew and was distracted by one of my super cute, super sweet, super funny students. (This is one child, not three). He was telling me about how his legs hurt because his dad made him walk to school (they live close and it was a beautiful day out). I suggested that he sit on the curb to rest them. Enjoying the morning air, I popped down next to him. Of course several other students needed to come see Ms. Salmond after our long break. So here I am with one girl yelling in my ear about her Easter hat that she happened to have on her head at the time, another girl trying to get me to look at her new outfit, and two children trying to climb a tree. Out of nowhere, this super cute kid starts clapping very slowly and deliberatly. Then he said, "Yeeeeesssssssss, well done, Sponge Boob." Talk about random and really funny! He later informed me that this is the phrase that Plankton says to Sponge Bob on the movie. I asked him to say it at least five more times during the day. Today during center time, he said, "Ms. Saalmoonndd. Are you thinkin' about it?" Isn't that great!?

No comments:

Blog Archive