Monday, April 11, 2005

God and ping-pong

My pastor said something a couple of weeks ago that has really been sticking with me so I thought I would share it with the four of you who actually read my blog (hehe) (Neil, were you at church for this one?)

Stop hanging on by a thread, and let God hold on to you.

Think about it.

In other news, spring is in full force. We had our first good spring rain today, although it lacked in thunder and lightening...always a disappointment. I am definitely getting spring fever...It makes me think of ping-pong at Central with Joe...by the way, Joe, do you remember? It was about this time last year that I started achieving occassional victory over you. Those were the days.

1 comment:

Neil E. Das said...

Amanda, I was not there for that sermon, but someone else quoted it to me as well. I don't remember who. Perhaps it was Mike. It is a good thought and one that I forget to apply all the time.

Spring, indeed, is nice. I am riding my bike more. Yesterday I went for a ride in our light rain, which was quite refreshing, except that I ended up getting a flat on the Barnes hospital side of Forest Park. And that meant, because I was wearing cycling shoes in which one can't walk easily, about a 2 mile walk back to my house in my socks. It was not too bad, until I got a hole in one of them, then there was a little more pokiness. Oh, yeah, I had bicycle shorts on too for the full effect.

Oh, if we are ever in the same place together where there is a ping pong table, bring it on, sister.

Blog Archive