Sunday, April 03, 2005

A whole bunch of randomness

Well, I think the whole world knows now....I'm not returning to The Freedom School next fall. Or to teaching at all for that matter. So Amanda, what are you going to do? I have no idea. Isn't that fun?! If you have any ideas, let me know. Actually on second thought, please only let me know of a job if you have one to offer me. At this point, I don't know if need input from all different angles. I don't want to get confused!

Despite the fact that I am leaving, I still love my students very much. This is the last night of a much needed Spring Break, but I'm excited to get back to the kids tomorrow. To see their big eyes light up when I tell them what's in store for the next couple of weeks. To see them hug each other (or wrestle...they do both). To hear them make those Thomas noises that they do so well. I wish that I could make them on this blog for you...you would die laughing!

I know this stuff is really random....I made another new friend. His name is Lukas. He's from Germany and is an intern at my church. He's a lot of fun to talk to mostly because we can learn so much from each other...plus he's renewing my knowledge of the German language which I have progressivly been loosing over the past 5 years. Not to mention that because of him, I have an opportunity to get to know another family better. (He lives with one of the church families.)

By the way, watch Band of Brothers, the HBO mini-series about the Easy Company, 101st Airbourne Division in WWII. Ah-mazing! Some of my friends and I spent every night this past week working our way through them....Ah-mazing! I'll say it one more time...watch them!

1 comment:

The Duffs said...

Hey girl! I can't believe that you're not going back to teaching next year! It sounds like you've enjoyed it so much! Are you wanting to stay around the St. Louis area? I don't have any suggestions for you, but if I think of any, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Blog Archive